For me, cooking is much more than a job or pass time...It's what I've always loved to do. I love teaching people to cook. Regional cooking is about the celebration of many cultures and ethnicity...kind of a reconnection with the past. It's real food...that tastes real good!
- I divided the USA into 12 regions. Each week we will cook and eat a region of the USA.
- This is a 4-6 course MENU AND MEAL!!
- The cooking classes are small...from 6-10 students per class. They are designed for anyone who wants to cook, from the beginner to the more experienced home chef.
- Students will expand skills and knowledge, learn new techniques, and gain confidence in the kitchen. Each student receives a recipe packet with a menu instruction from Chef Marla, and historical background for each region.
- All classes are hands on! We will cook together as a team. All classes end with a sit down family style meal.
Classes are always Monday evening 6:30-9:00 pm
I am a Certified Working Chef. I own a food line, Food du jar www.fooddujar.com. I also own and operate a catering company, Balboa Island Catering. I teach kids cooking classes Monday evenings at Harbor Christian Church.